Free digital skills training for 18 to 30 year olds on Friday 23 August
Young people in Croydon can sign up now for a fantastic free digital course this Friday 23 August, provided by Facebook.
We’re thrilled to announce a free digital skills training opportunity for 18 to 30 year olds in Croydon. Funded by Facebook, the programme aims to give young people the confidence and skills they need to build a career in digital.
The first session takes place this Friday, 23 August from 10am to 2pm, in the council’s headquarters in central Croydon. It will focus on social media marketing, innovation, and cyber security.
The Croydon Digital Service has been working with Freeformers, SupaTalent, Croydon College and John Ruskin College over the last couple of months to bring this exciting digital skills offer to Croydon.
Whether you (or someone you know) are studying, working or seeking your next opportunity, click here to register for this fantastic digital skills training. It’s completely free for any Croydon residents aged 18-30. Spaces are very limited for this first session, so sign up now.
Details of additional sessions will be published soon and will take place at Croydon College and John Ruskin College. Watch this space for more details – make sure you sign up to email alerts from this site to get notified.
What is the Facebook Digital Skills Training Programme?
The Facebook Digital Skills Training Programme is a highly engaging series of workshops offering face-to-face digital skills training for young people. Working across 6 countries in Europe, Freeformers and Facebook have already worked with 75,000 18 to 30 year olds in Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Poland and the UK. Click here to see the programme in action.
The programme offers training in 6 areas:
- Innovation: Come up with your next big idea and prototype it
- Social Marketing: Learn the four step process for success on social media
- Web Presence: Lean how the web works and how to build your own website
- Cyber Security: Understand the vulnerabilities of the web, and how to protect yourself online
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Automation: Understand the foundational concepts of AI and how it works
- Data: Get the tools to make more effective data informed decisions in your life and work
Friday 23 August
The inaugural session this Friday will focus on the following modules:
Social Media Marketing
Learn the fundamentals of creating impactful online content to help you gain or remain meaningfully employed in the digital economy.
In this workshop students will learn the core pillars of marketing themselves online (purpose, audience, strategy, management, analytics) as well as:
- The best tools to analyse audience insights
- The difference between a social media campaign and strategy
- How to develop a social media strategy
- How to create an Instagram/Facebook ad
- How to use analytics to identify the impact of a social media campaign
Learn the fundamentals of design thinking, the approaches to creative problem-solving, the importance of receiving and acting on feedback and the value of learning to collaborate early and continuously iterate for best results.
In this workshop students learn how to:
- Describe the Design Thinking process
- Understand how it can positively benefit you in the workplace
- How to ideate fast under time constraints
- Create a wireframe
- Build a prototype
- Pitch ideas, give and act upon feedback
Learn the fundamentals of how to spot potential vulnerabilities on the web as well as core methods to protect yourself, loved ones or your company when using the internet.
In this workshop students will learn:
- How to verify whether their email address is being used by someone else – What tools hacker use and different types of malware products
- How to identify stealth phishing
- How to safeguard themselves when using online banking services
- Techniques to increase password security
Spaces are very limited, so book now.
You must be:
- A Croydon Resident
- 18 to 30 years old
Venue: Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA
Date: Friday 23 August 2019
Time: 10AM to 2PM
Contact Sam English on 0208 604 7471 for more details.